Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

unknown

i was a butterfly once

fragile but so strong, i knew how to dance

i had sewn my eyes shut so i couldn't see what i should ever be afraid of

couldn't fathom or anticipate my demise



without sight i could only feel joy

only smell life, only taste love

then someone whispered we are all decaying

all thriving in our moments but trading our fiery essence

we are burning into the night and into each day


how peculiar this made things


and then i knew the ripe smell of life was only because death approached

and the taste of love so beautiful because it was tinged with tears of mourning

the sensation of joy was outlined by vast emptiness that exaggerated pure happiness


i mourn for my innocence

give up myself

to the river of dreams

drift softly into the current

and weep for my chrysalis




No comments: